Friday, May 15, 2009

Touched by An Angel





Just a short update this exam's over considering that my blog is currently reaching its final stage... DEATH!


Many things happened since I last updated but I'll just talk about yesterday (:
Well, as some of who are actually aware, Pn.Meerita officially left today at 12.40pm. :(
Somehow a part of me wished I could hold her back and not let her go back to Kedah.

*Now, now, this is not another story of Muliati and her teacher in Menatap Wajahnya.*



This is the picture of my very pretty teacher Mrs Meerita Kunna Segaran.

She seriously looks younger than me!! I look old! *screams*

Well, my first impression wen she came into our class for the first time in February was, "How can this teacher be so happy to teach?" She was so full of life and excitement. Her tone of voice, expressions and all. I was very impressed and decided to,for once, actually pay attention and be attentive in class.
The result?

I actually did feel happy and excited just like she was.
Since that day, I felt not only me, but the whole of 4 Science 1 paid more attention during English lessons, actually volunteering to answer questions and some who weren't so fluent in English even started communicating in English with hopes to polish it.

Our class changed for the better.

Another thing I admire most about her was her strong determination. Her determination here lied in helping us to understand and conquer our lessons. Unlike any other teacher whom would have just written the definition of each stanza of the poem on the board, Pn.Meerita was different.

She actually stayed up all night just to prepare activities for us. For example, when we were analysing the "There's Been A Death In The Opposite House" poem, teacher actually drew pictures according to the poem. The activity was to arrange the picture and the meaning according to the correct sequence of the poem. She made sure we understand each and every word of the poem.

One of the most memorable lessons was when we were discussing on the environment. Teacher actually photostatted the lyrics to the song "Heal The World" by Michael Jackson for everyone in the class. And the whole class was singing along to the song provided by her laptop.

I who don't sing in front of people, actually found my lips moving to the lyrics of the song. :)





Here is a bookmark that was actually hand made by teacher for us. Such a meaningful thing that I'll keep with me forever if possible. And she also gave us Care Bear pencils. I got share-bear! (:

Unfortunately, our class didn't have time to get her something nice except a book with messages in it for her. She was so touched to receive it and was flipping through it over and over again.
Throughout the three months that Pn.Meerita taught us, I've learnt to be more optimistic just as she is. She has this very good and calm aura around her. You can actually feel positive and optimistic just by talking to her. She makes each and every student feel good about themselves.

I still remember when we had to do this group work. We were given a name and the function of a campaign. What we had to do was think up of a catchy slogan. Even though my group had one of the worst slogans ever created in this 21st century, and when we read it out, no one actually clapped, there teacher was saying,"Very good girls! Everyone give them a clap". So sweet right? :)


The best part is teacher actually lets us eat in class while she is teaching. If it were other teachers, we would have been hanging outside on the fence! She even brings for us tit bits and snacks.

One more incident that I remember was during Sports Day when our Interact Club had opened a stall. Truthfully, we didn't earn anything, nor did we lose anything. So basically we were wasting our time. We didn't manage to sell of all the Milo so I was pretty upset about it. Five minutes later I came back to check on the stall only t realise that the Milo had all been sold off. Then i heard the story from Pn.Yew that Pn.Meerita actually bought most of the Milo to help our club. As she was the temporary teacher advisor. Boy, was I touched X)
One more event was our drama competition. The encouragement by teacher was all we needed to practice the drama in 3 days!! She never felt tired of giving us useful pointers, helping us with our expressions and basically she helped Sze May break out of her shell. :) Sze May starred as the main character, Peggy, in our drama. She even helped me sound more pirate-ish even though she had to stay back just for it. Although we lost, the friendship bond between the cast members and teacher was definietly worth it.

Here were a few pictures I stole from teacher's Facebook profile.


She was in St.John and also a Taekwondo black belt!! Cool!! XD


She is right in front of the class teacher. So cute. Haha!

All in all, Pn.Meerita is a very very awesome teacher, who made a whole lot of difference in my life and many others around her. She was like a friend to all of us.

May she get a good school to teach in Kedah. And I hope her new students will give her the same co-operation we gave her.

And just like that, we were touched by an angel and now she's gone to touch our peoples lives for the better :)

Random thought: Why do some people bottle up so much anger in themselves??

Song For The Day: Heal The World- Michael Jackson

No comments: